Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Lesson to Be Learned from YouTube



This is a video that was made famous on YouTube. It cracks me up every time I watch it. Supposedly, these guys are all auditioning for some sort of martial arts film. Here's my tip if you want to get involved in the stunt/ action acting industry: Be realistic about your skills.

I was involved in the stunt industry briefly having done some non-descript stunt work for Scary Movie 4. I also helped block out a sword fight for Smallville. I stopped submitting myself for stunt work for a period of a couple of years due to certain limitation in my life, but now that I'm no longer working a full-time job, I'm going to try and start it up again.

Anyway, one common mistake people make when getting involved in the stunt industry is that they embellish what they're capable of on their resumes. If you are ever considered for a stunt role and you're not able to pull off what you claim, it's a massive strike against you ever getting work again. It's best to be honest and train up so that you can truthfully tell stunt coordinators that you can do a 540 jumping, spinning hook kick while on fire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These "auditions" were actually taken from some video game TV commercials. They are a favorite of mine too.

Anonymous said...

Those are brilliant - its a long time since I laughed out loud at my PC