Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Hypnotic Powers of Ki Masters

For the record, I do believe in the concept of ki energy and think that it does have an effect on the effectiveness of martial arts. That being said, I do believe it has limitations. I also believe that some people can get so wrapped up in their martial arts training that they literally hypnotize themselves into believing that their masters have superhuman powers and, as a result, they are affected by them. In my mind, this is clearly the case with the master featured in the following video.



Here's another example as supplied by Fox News:



I won't say that these things are necessarily impossible. I have seen some pretty superhuman feats using ki energy performed by Shaolin monks. Nevertheless, I don't think the guys in these videos are all they're cracked up to be.

No comments: