Monday, August 4, 2008

The Foot Fist Way - A Martial Mockumentary

One of my students sent me the trailer for a Will Ferrell movie that takes the piss out of McDojos, in this case, a Taekwondo school. Check it out:



I love the full-contact sparring "match" with Marge not to mention the instructor's opinion of Jiu-jitsu, lol. I'm thinking about setting another dojo outing to go see it, if it's still playing in theatres. Hopefully this will turn out better than the one to go see a certain unmentionable David Mamet film...

2 comments:

Steve said...

I'm looking forward to this one, too. It's on my Netflix list and should be out next month on DVD. :)

Anonymous said...

I saw it at the Sundance festival - a word of warning though. The movie is pretty crude an uses a quite a bit of profanity, so it's not for some. It's a much funnier when you've got a background in martial arts too.