Saturday, February 28, 2009

Gun Kata?!?! Awesome!!! -- A Review of 'Equilibrium'

Tonight I saw the movie 'Equilibrium' for the first time, after having had it recommended by a number of martial arts buddies. I don't know why I didn't see it sooner!

The movie is largely a rip of Orwell's '1984' and doesn't offer much that is new plot wise, but the fight choreography and style makes the movie well worth watching. The combat system in the movie is based around a gun kata, which you can see in the video below.



I could have put some of the actual fight scenes from the movie in this blog post (there are a number of them on YouTube), but honestly, I really don't want to ruin it for those of you who haven't seen it. If you are such a person and you consider yourself an action movie aficionado by any stretch of the imagination, see it NOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite martial arts movies. I really dig the Orwell feel and the fight scenes are top notch.

Bale in top form, pre-batman.