Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Under New Management: Louis Sargeant

Ok, I have good news and bad news regarding my pro-MMA career status. Bad news first.

I won't be fighting this Friday or on Nov. 29th. Mark, my manager and trainer, came to me straight and told me that he just doesn't have the time to put into properly managing my career and as a result the two upcoming fights won't be happening. He still wants to be one of my trainers, he's just too busy to manage me. He felt bad about letting me down, but he did, however, make other arrangements for me.

Good news now. Mark spoke to pro-boxer Louis Sargeant, the guy who recently started training me for my striking game, and Louis is happy to be my new manager. I think this new arrangement will work out a lot better. I could see over the past few months that Mark was having trouble balancing too many responsibilities and I could see that it was hurting his ability to get me into the ring. And with this new arrangement, I'll still get to train under Mark as well as Louis.

Louis has always managed his own boxing career, quite successfully too. He's in the top 100 boxers internationally in his weight class and is regularly in contact with promoters. He is now formulating the game plan for my fight career. So hopefully I'll be getting in the ring or cage some time in the near future. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Nathan at TDA Training said...

Ditto. You deserve top-notch management. Congrats and go for it!